There are different types of Code Animals I have come across during my career spanning more than a decade in IT industry. I am able to mention only some of these. Please find which one you are:
- Code Monkey: As the name suggests, they jump on each new technology or jargon they hear about. SQL to NOSQL, REST to UNREST, they are always jumping on technology, without mastering anything.
- Code Cow: They generate so much amount of Code in a day that it is not possible to review it even in a week! Just read for loops in their code.
- Code Turtle: This guys writes code so slow that 2-3 deadlines pass before any thing valuable comes out. Every time you ask the status, they will be running some imaginary test on their 2 lines of code change.
- Code Pig: Often find in large companies where cesspool can exist. They enjoy spending time on Code full of Sh*t.
- Code Dog: Oh! every line of code this guys writes, there are 10 lines of exceptions and debug messages. Remember, barking Code Dogs, seldom write!
- Code Lion: Well! looks like the best of the breed. As soon their code sees production, everything fails with P1 errors. And the Code Lion comes gracefully and solves it in a few hours. Nobody notices, that it was Code Lion’s code that was failing before 😉
- Code PeaCock: They just dress like coders. They need not write any code. They participate in all company events that are not related to actual coding.
- Code Hawk: This guys looms around everyone and just find faults in other’s code. Looks for small-small mistakes. And once he finds a mistake in code, he makes a kill and flies back to sky.
- Code Panda: They are cool animals. They just code for company snacks like- Nuts, Juices, Coffee or candies. Remuneration is a side effect of coding for them 🙂